Like me or hate me, you cannot ignore me: Technology


Apps have become synonymous with many things, in billions of populations, there won't be a single human without it. Also, its usage and dependence vary from age to age. Technology has gripped and crippled youth the most. Gone are the day when sipping hot coffee/tea with the newspaper was the quintessential start to mornings. Breaking news used to break in next day's newspaper. Further, the engagement apps that we have like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and many more have shrunk the time and space distances between people. Then, we have entertainment apps hooking us. Cinema has been rightly affected by the same. 

My favorites have been these:
  1. Whatsapp: From kid to old, everyone has it, use it. If not using it, they know about it. Such is its reach. Nothing can beat the old charm of text messages, but WhatsApp has somewhere enhanced connections and engagements between people. From customized groups to private chats, this indeed is the best giver of the time.
  2. Netflix/ Hotstar: Rich content and rich visibility, the service is worth every praise. When the 9-5 job doesn't give you a chance to hit theatre to watch your much-awaited movies, Hotstar/Netflix has your back. For lazy ass like me, nothing is better than relaxing on my bed watching my favorite series and movies. 
  3. Inshorts: Internet is a ruthless medium and its users are now able to read news within minutes of the happening. There are myriads of news apps online, but what put this app at par with others is one they have crisp objective headlines and foremostly it’s snippet news which demands quick few seconds read. Not time-consuming, the core reason for many like me who stopped reading the newspaper. Now, it takes hardly a few minutes to keep myself updated.
  4. Wordpress/Blogger: Being an introvert and a bibliophile with a literature background, writing has always been my refuge and a voice. I hold a blog of my own which is a reservoir of my thoughts.
  5. Instagram: From brilliant minds showcasing their work to justifying my social life to the world with pictures, this is the best out the lot I am on. Amazing promotions happening, great works and pages to learn from and laugh on, the content is rich here.
  6. Linkedin: Another giver for professionals. From having your profile, your work on display, you are exhibiting yourself to recruiters and, opportunities are great here. To top it all, not just this, the filtered search nuances provides one the flexibility to connect with professionals. You never know when your luck works, and opportunity might befall.
  7. Spotify: I am the sort of person who can lead a day with earphones on. The “noise” increases my concentration, much to everyone's surprise. Music has always been my stress buster and the launch of Spotify has made my life happier. When traveling, music is the only company I need. Further, I don't listen to a specific genre, hence Spotify is the saving grace.
  8. Google Pay: Google indeed made my life easy with this service. From paying bills to seamless money transfer with simple clicks, this brought a new fresh wave in money transaction sector. For someone like me, who needs to pay bills and a gastronome who end up being in many cafes and dines, also me who doesn't like keeping money in the wallet, a scanner does the work for me. This is the best I could have asked for.
  9. Youtube: It’s a pandora box for everything one would want. Even if you search silliest of the thing, to no disappointment, something will pop up. They have even started streaming some of the amazing series, an add on for me. Also, my mother and I end up watching random old shows on it on weekends.
  10. Pedometer: I am into the private sector and my "sitting" job hardly gives me an opportunity to move. This is a great feeder to illness. Our job structures hardly allow us any physical movement and this app is no less than an assistant to me. From counting my daily steps to keeping eye on calorie counts, it has been very useful. Sometimes when the counts are less, it instigates and pushes me to take my ass off and walk.                                                                   
The Internet has gripped us hard, these applications have only made life easier for us, but has also increased our over-dependence on technology.



Comments

Popular Posts